Your artwork must be a perfect square:
minimum size: 1400 x 1400 pixels / maximum size: 3000 x 3000 pixels
(300dpi for best quality)
PNG, GIF, BMP, BMP, TIF, JPG or JPEG file format
RGB colour mode (not CMYK)
Less than 10mb
Image must not be blurry, pixelated, misaligned, or have other quality issues
Your image should display the artist name and release title only. These should match exactly your release info and metadata (must match your physical album cover artwork if you have, or if you are going to print any copies). You can use an image without text since most music platforms display the artist and release info next to the album artwork. Generic artwork (such as a solid colour square with no text) may not be accepted.
Artwork should not display the following:
– Text that says “Exclusive,” “Limited Edition,” “New Release,” the release date, or anything else that states a time frame.
– Copyrighted images
– Any references to pricing
– URLs, logos, or any reference to a Digital Service Provider, record label, website, or other brands
– E-mail addresses, social media logos and info, URLs, or any other contact information
– Any reference to the format as a physical or digital product. For example, CD, DVD, or Digital Exclusive
– Pornography, violence, gore or inappropriate images of any kind
– UPC barcodes and ISRCs
– Content the release doesn’t include. For example, “included DVD” or “includes lyrics”
– Scan of a CD cover (the image must be retail-ready artwork)
– The cover art up-sells to another product (i.e., merch, other albums by the same artist, etc)
Also bear in mind:
• Artwork that has been used for another title is not accepted
• Cover art must not be misleading. For example, referencing an artist that does not perform on the release.
• In tribute albums the original artist name must not be as large as (or larger than) the performing artist.
Are you ready to upload your new release to our client portal with your amazing artwork? Great, if there are any issues, our Operations Team will make you aware when they check your release for distribution.
If you have any artwork questions or would like to check your artwork aligns with industry requirements feel free to check with us by clicking on the support chat button on the website. (Video below to show how):